The GT1 is a stepper motor controller for telescope mounts, an upgrade for your telescope to be a motorized goto system. With the GT1 is possible to computerize any kind of mounts. Any gear ratio can be configured with the dedicated utility, also the maximum speed and the stepper wiring can be configured by a single application in a very simple way.
The GT1 supplies a maximum of 1 Ampere current on each motor winding, allowing direct usage with the NEMA17 motors. The GT1 supports overvoltage up to 18v for greater torque.
The GT1 is compatible with the Skywatcher SynScan handset, it is EQMOD-ready, so you can use it standalone or by PC connection using software like SkyCharts, KStars or other software.
It is also possible to drive the GT1 from the smartphone using INDI and KStars for Android.
The maximum speed has no limit, but must be appropriate to the load and weight of the telescope and the torque of the engines.
- Compatibility: SynScan, EQMOD, ASCOM, INDI
- max steps: 16777216 – Automatic calculation during configuration
- maximum speed: Automatic calculation during configuration – optimizable
- microstepping resolution: Automatic calculation during configuration – depends on total gear ratio
- ST4 Autoguider – RJ 12
- HC/EQDIR – RJ45
- 12v Power – 5mm Jack
- Right Ascension – RJ12
- Declination – RJ12
- Recommended power supply: 12v@3000mA
- Editable motor winding configuration by software
- Custom parameters saved read-only, editable by the configuration software
The configuration software can set motor parameters, go-to acceleration and maximum speed. download here
Read the GT1 Usage Guide for informations on the correct usage of the GT1 controllerTo upgrade the firmware connect the programmer and install the USB driver using Zadig The last GT1 firmware: gt1_firmware_v32.bin –
The PM5 can drive 4 power lines at a current of 5A each. switching in range of up to 24 volts to 0 at a maximum frequency of 10KHz.
The PM5 is compatible with a single motor output of the GT1 at input end, while the output connector is compatible with the old telescope mounts standard DB9 port, so old equipment is suitable for use.
Features and connectors:
- RJ12 digital input connector, 0-5v to 0-24v
- DB9 output connector
- High current and voltage: up to 5A/24V impulsive per channel
- Optical input insulation
Read the PM5 Usage Guide for informations on the correct usage of the PM5 driver